Jobkeeper Payment Ending
By now most of us know that Jobkeeper payment is ending, but there is still time with enrollments closing by 31 March 2021. Now might be a good time for a quick review in case you qualified and don’t know it.
28 March 2021 – the Jobkeeper Payment program ends
The Jobkeeper Payment program will end on 28 March 2021. You do not have to do anything when the program ends, however you will need to complete your final March monthly business declaration in April 2021. The immediate impact will not be known until the April labour force report is released in May.
Jobkeeper Payment Key Points.
- JobKeeper remains open to new and existing participants that meet eligibility requirements until the end of the scheme on 28 March 2021.
- The JobKeeper Payment will end on 28 March 2021 and you can claim payments for your eligible employees until this date. From 4 January 2021, employers must pay their eligible employees at least the correct JobKeeper amount of either $1,000 for tier 1 or $650 for tier 2.
- Existing eligible employers must submit their new decline in turnover before completing their business monthly declarations from 1 February 2021.
- The Full Federal Court handed down a decision on 24 March 2021 about the requirement to hold an ABN on 12 March 2020. The decision impacts entities that had a previously cancelled ABN reactivated, or had been granted a new ABN, and had the date of effect backdated to on or before 12 March 2020. We are currently considering the Court’s decision and its implications.
- See Full Federal Court decision on backdated ABNs.
- You may be eligible for the JobMaker Hiring Credit or other help once the JobKeeper Payment has ended, see Support for businesses and employers.